The vets and staff of My Zoo Animal Hospital understand how important your pets are to you; we’re pet owners too. All of us, from office staff to veterinary technicians/assistants to DVMs (Doctors of Veterinary Medicine) are committed to partnering with you in the health care of your pet. We will do our utmost to provide quality medical and surgical care in a friendly, welcoming and professional way.
The Vets of My Zoo Animal Hospital
Dr. Debbie Leach, DVM:
Dr. Debbie opened My Zoo on the north side of Columbia in 2006.
A life-long animal lover (with dogs, cats, horses and livestock on her extended family's farm), she has wanted to be a veterinarian since childhood.
Her dreams materialized in 1998 when she got her degree from the College of Veterinary Medicine here in Columbia and in 2006 she opened My Zoo Animal Hospital.
Dr. Debbie's philosophy is that her vet clinic should be a happy, friendly and
pleasant place for pets and their owners. Prices are kept reasonable even though
she invests in the latest veterinary and medical technology.
Dr. Debbie was featured in the following article in the Columbia Business Times,
click to read: Animal lover realizes lifelong dream, opens animal hospital.
Dr. Debbie is a member of the following organizations:
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Missouri Veterinary Medical Association (MoVMA)
- Association of Reptile and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV)
- Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians (AEMV)
- American Avian Veterinarians (AAV)
- Innovative Veterinary Care (IVC)
- Veterinary Botanical Medicine Association (VBMA)
- Veterinary Medical Aromatherapy Association (VMAA)
- DVM Exotic Life Time Membership